Hi Mary Jo,
How honest should you be in a relationship, like brutally honest?
Yes, you should strive to be honest and transparent, but also be considerate in the manner of which you speak it. Sometimes people excuse their rudeness for begin honest and the two are not compatible. A polite and/or firm expression can be just as honest as a rude one. Couples who are transparent with each other develop a closer trust and intimacy.
Hi Mary Jo,
I’m in a long distance relationship and I’d like to know how to make my boyfriend feel loved on Valentine’s Day.
When you’re in love with someone that person represents “home” to them. So I would send him things that remind him of you. I surveyed 10 guys and asked them what they’d like from the woman they loved if she was far away and here is what they said:
- Make him chocolate chip cookies or chocolate fudge (if he likes chocolate). It isn’t expensive and yet will make him feel special.
- Send him flowers (guys never talk about it, but they’re flattered and feel special with flowers. In reality, very few guys ever get flowers.
- Send him a card with plans for your next date with brochures and anything else he will need.
- Leave him a sexy voice message.
- Send him a good night photo (only do this if you know him well and trust him).