Valentine’s Day is dreaded for many guys who try to please their lady with chocolate, flowers or gifts. No matter what you get her, she doesn’t seem completely satisfied, and she’s probably not. That’s due to many things, but the number one thing is what she really wants she can’t explain. Telling you she wants more romance, more engagement and more time are easily tuned out, but what your woman really wants is to feel desired. Not just desired in the way that she’s your wife, the mother of your children and your spouse, but desired in the sense that she is the most impressive, irresistible woman you’ve ever laid eyes on. That’s not easy to do when you can’t look up from your smart phone, or shut your computer off to talk.
Below are five ways you can show the woman you love how much you love her, but remember, desire can’t be faked and no matter what you buy for her, it will never be enough if she doesn’t feel adored and irreplaceable to you.
- Take charge and arrange a date that will make her feel adored and exclusive. How does her love affect you? Count the ways and share it with her.
- Get off your cell phone, computers and gadgets so you’re communicating with your words and eyes.
- Show her affection in public and don’t be afraid to show others how much you love her. Being vulnerable with her is important for building closeness and love.
- Women want to know that you choose them completely, not because you’re married to them. If you can’t break the habit of looking at other women then wear blinders when you go out. One of the most hurtful things you can do to your wife is passionately look at other women in their presence.
- Let her know that intimacy and sex are important to you because you desire her…not because you have a need that needs to be attended to. Women who don’t feel desired don’t feel like having sex.
Valentine’s Day is about making your loved one feel prioritized, desired and valued over everyone else. You can’t buy that in a box or department store. You need to make the changes, value your relationship and take charge of being her man to love and to hold.