One of the biggest reasons couples split is due to sexual problems. Not feeling connected, attracted or desired by your partner begins to affect your communication, your interests and your commitment to the relationship. Practicing these seven sex habits can help you become closer and fall in love with each other again. It’s not important that you practice all of them every day, but it is important that you both make an effort to practice at least two or three as many days of the week as possible.
- Focusing on what you do like in sex with your partner. Telling your partner what you do like rather than criticizing what you don’t always makes your relationship more intimate.
- Make time for sex. Yes, it is nicer when sex is spontaneous, but in your busy life that isn’t always possible. Scheduling it shows it matters to you that your partner is satisfied.
- Own your sexiness. Feeling comfortable in your skin and sharing your sexiness with your partner is the glue of sexually healthy relationships.
- Enjoy sex and your partner without pressure to perform. Thinking about sex as a performance or something you have to do makes sex less appealing and more stressful.
- Appreciate the little things. Taking an exotic trip or trying a novel experience can be exciting, but keeping it simple with a phone call over lunch or holding hands while out lets your partner know you’re thinking about them, and makes them look forward to sharing intimacy.
- Share fantasies. There is nothing more erotic than good conversation. Intelligence is sexy.
- Show some enthusiasm. You don’t have to have sex to show your partner that you want to be near and enjoy them. Happy couples don’t have sex when they don’t want to, but they don’t leave their partner feeling rejected or shamed for wanting to be intimate with you.
Practicing healthy sex habits is as much about your attitude as your actions. Making your partner feel sexy, adored and loved is as simple as not making other things more important than taking the time to love them.