There’s a saying in life that the majority of success is a matter of showing up. That works in many areas, but it doesn’t work in the bedroom. To score extra points in the bedroom it’s all about actions. It’s more about what you do or don’t do, than what you say or don’t say.
As Valentine’s Day draws closer and you’re focused on how to make your valentine feel special, don’t forget the importance of how you treat him or her in the bedroom. Being thoughtful and making your valentine feel special will help insure that they’ll want to continue being your valentine.
Below are five suggestions to help you score extra points in the bedroom:
- Turn off your phone, iPad, ESPN, Pinterest, or whatever else is distracting you from giving your partner your total attention. No one feels loved if they have to compete with a device or distraction.
- Come to bed with an attitude of gratitude. No one likes to sleep with someone who expects affection when they’ve done nothing to encourage affection.
- Take your time. When intimacy and sex becomes forced, routine or hurried, pleasure or feeling desired is rarely the result.
- How you smell matters. Brush your teeth, and shower. Sexuality is linked to smell and if you have bad breath or aren’t clean, you won’t score anything with anyone.
- Be generous and thoughtful in bed. The number one reason couples have problems in the bedroom is not due to technique, it’s due to thoughtlessness and being selfish with their partner. A generous lover wants to please you and will do what helps you feel desired and loved in the bedroom.
As an intimacy, sex Psychotherapist I talk with couples who are unhappy in the bedroom. More than 80% of the time one of these five behaviors is being abused. Feeling loved is about feeling desired and exclusive. Practicing these five behaviors will help you score the extra points to make your partner feel irreplaceable.