What couples wear to bed is a source of fascination for couples looking to add spark to their relationship. In a group of friends you may be surprised to learn who sleeps nude and who prefers flannel and pajamas. Experts in the field of marital therapy report people who sleep in the nude are happiest in their marriage, but not everyone enjoys sleeping in the nude, and when raising a family being comfortable at night is more important to survival than sleeping nude may be for their marriage. So what is it, is there a specific bedtime outfit that will please both men and women?
Relationship therapists agree that what is best for the relationship, are actions of love, far more than anything you wear to bed. Most men and women don’t care what their partner wears if their partner is loving, intimate and sexual. It only becomes an issue when the couple is already in conflict and not feeling appreciated or valued as a partner.
If you’re one of those couples who fight about sweatshirts or sweat pants worn to bed, it’s not what your partner is wearing to bed but what they’re doing in bed that is the bigger issue.
- Don’t nag, compare or criticize your partner about their body. Sweatshirts worn at night may be a way to cover up weight gain or body image problems.
- Turn off the gadgets. When you are checking your phone or texting in bed you are sending a direct message to your partner that they are not priority.
- If you get up to go to the bathroom, close the door. No matter how close you are to your partner, watching them go to the bathroom is not sexy or foreplay.
- Don’t use bedtime to vent the day’s problems. Too much talking is never good, especially at bedtime.
- Poor hygiene is never attractive, but it is a real turn off when you’re in bed. Brush your teeth, shower and smell nice in the bedroom.
A sexy lingerie, camisole or boxers are nice. They reveal to your partner you feel good about yourself and love skin to skin contact. However, no matter what you wear, it can be taken off, and more important than anything you wear to bed is the attitude you have toward intimacy and closeness in your relationship.