- The guy is real (bigger than life usually turns out to be much smaller)
The reasons pickup lines aren’t usually successful is because many women find them degrading, sexual, sexist and too blatant to be romantic or respectful. So if you want to use a pickup line to help break the ice and you want to be successful, then make sure you are aware of these suggestions.
- Don’t interrupt her when she is talking. Wait until there is a lull in the conversation and then approach her. This shows respect and more confidence on your part.
- Make the pickup line funny and laugh at yourself so you don’t put pressure on her. This will help disarm her because it shows you understand how she may have been approached before.
- Don’t cling to her or follow her around. This scares most women, and it is a turn off.
- The majority of guys overestimate a woman’s interest in them. It’s not your fault (testosterone is to blame), but it is your responsibility to get a grip. Start your introduction as wanting a friendship, not a one night stand.
- Telling her she is beautiful is nice, but you better have more interesting things to talk about than her looks. Most women hear that they are pretty from many including their girlfriends.
- Don’t brag about yourself or your title. The majority of women are looking for an authentic good guy.
It sounds cheesy but once again, the best pickup line is you being yourself and being honest with your intention.